Saturday, December 26, 2009

Two Hours of Shoveling

Today's workout was shoveling snow. It is kind of a tedious job, but I had to make sure there was a path for my in-laws to get to our place later tonight. It was pretty slippery out as well. I only fell on my butt once, but almost fell about 50 times.



I was at it for an hour and a half when the city plow came by and made a waist high pile of snow at the end of my driveway. At first this annoyed me, but the packed snow was easier to shovel than the drifts, so it wasn't so bad. I was amused that I was more efficient at shoveling snow than the guy across the street who was trying to use a snow blower.



After 2 hours, I finally had a path that one vehicle could fit through. I was pretty happy and starting to work on a path for the second car to go through when my neighbor came by with the loader. It took him about 6 minutes to clear out the rest of the snow in our twinhome split driveway. He cleared out a lot more snow than I had shoveled over the past two hours. Oh well, at least is was a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment