Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Monday Night Intervals

I got out for some speedwork on Monday night. The two block circle I ran was approximately 600M. I did a warm-up lap with my dog, then put her in to complete the rest. I ran 6 loops:
Lap 1 - 2:07 (a little too fast)
Lap 2 - 2:20
Lap 3 - 2:24
Lap 4 - 2:21
Lap 5 - 2:25
Lap 6 - 2:24

These didn't seem to bad. In high school, I hated running 600M intervals and much preferred either 400 or 800. I really want to work on speedwork for awhile as I have been neglecting these types of workouts. I was pretty cold after 6 loops so I called it quits. Next time, I hope to do 8 loops.

1 comment:

  1. Nice workout Josh Very Consistent. I have also been working on shorter faster runs. You should get the Run Less Run Faster book. It has some interesting training schedules for 5k's - Marathons. These runs are tough in the cold but I think they will be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete