Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall Frolic Recap & Sunday Run

Although there were several frustrations throughout planning the race, the Fall Frolic turned out pretty good. We had a small surprise Saturday morning: The adventure race that we thought was in EGF had a checkpoint right where our race course crossed the river. Their race didn't bother ours much though. We ended up with 110 participants which was better than we thought we'd get. A lot of runners commented that they enjoyed the music on the course. There were also a lot of comments that runners were surprised by the hills as we made runners go over the dikes several times during the race. Overall, it was pretty fun to put on the event.

I was talking with one of the volunteers at the adventure race checkpoint who was the race directory's father. The adventure race sounded very interesting. I need to look into getting involved in one in the future.

I went for a 5.45 mile run today. The run went really well. It was really windy, but I started against it, and was able to run with the wind towards the end. I average a pace of 7:29 per miles, which is where I want to be at. I don't think I will be able to break 45 minutes on October 10th. My new goal is 46:30. I think that is a little more in my reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment