Friday, July 24, 2009

Ta Ta Crusade 5k

There was a very large turnout for the Ta Ta Crusade last night. Stacy said there were 350+ people who registered for the event. My run went really well. I started a little faster than I expected. My first mile was 6:30 while I expecting 7:00. I was able to hold my pace throughout the race though. My final time was 20:54. I was very happy to run a sub 21 minutes 5k as I hadn't run that fast of a 5k in awhile. I ended in 5th place. I ran most the race with Sarah Sailer. She edged me out and beat me by 2 seconds. I am getting to know her through running club and is a very nice person. Gabe and Barb finished ahead of me, and another guy that I don't know. I think he is the same guy that took 2nd at the Dewey Du. It was fun to be in the top 5 though. Josh Jerome completed the race also. He took 14th. He had a lot of fun in his first 5k race and is looking to complete another. Some of the other runners in TNRG were helping put on the race so they didn't compete. It was a great event though. Denae looked thrilled to see so many people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment