Thursday, October 8, 2009

Taper Week

I am getting pretty excited to run this weekend 10k race. Races are usually so fun. This past weekend a few runners in my club did the Twin Cities Marathon and TC 10 Mile. At TNRG, we were discussing that both did well and I started thinking, "Man, I wished I would have raced last weekend." My patience will pay off this weekend though. I went for a 4.30 mile run on Monday and a 4.85 mile run on Tuesday. Both went well. On Monday, my pace was 7:22/mi. On TNRG, it was a little slower. I started out with running with Craig, Barb, Josh, and David. Barb broke up the group with about a mile left, which caused me to go into race mode and finish really fast. The first 3.5 miles were at a leisure pace though. My focus for the 10k is to not go out too fast. I am going to try to get one more run short run in either tonight or tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Josh, Good luck on your race on Saturday. I know exactly what you mean by wanting to race. I wish I could run every race around but time and money dictate otherwise. Looking at your training times I think your under 45 min goal will be broken by a bit.

    ReplyDelete