Monday, October 26, 2009

End of Season

I think I am going to consider my 2009 running season wrapped up. I was hoping to run the Veterans Day 8k cross country race but it looks like it is canceled. 2009 was a pretty good year for me though. I set PRs in the half marathon and 10k. Both PRs were set in Fargo with starting temps below 35 degrees. I had a lot of fun in both races. Hopefully in 2010 I run well in other towns as well as I ran in Fargo. I think I can set a few more PRs next year if I keep training hard. I also want to lose about 10-15 pounds, which may make it easier to run fast.

2010 is going to bring a lot of changes. I am expecting my first child on January 17th, so I know that he/she will change the amount of time I can spend training. My wife likes working out in the evening so I will be busy being dad during that time. I am starting to train in the mornings so that I get into the habit so that I can continue to keep in racing condition. I am going to try to get about 4 runs in each week around 4 to 6 miles through the end of the year. Once January rolls around, I will start planning my racing season. I have a few races in mind that I would like to complete. Most of these races I haven't run before.

I am also putting together a City League basketball team. Last year, I would play pickup basketball and did pretty well because I was in better shape than everyone due to my running. I hope I can get a lot of fast break points in on those who didn't keep up with their conditioning.

1 comment:

  1. Josh, Congratulations on the first child. I hope he or she is happy and healthy. I have three kids so I know what you mean by finding time to run. I find myself running at all different times. Whenever the opportunity arises. I think you and I would make good running partners as we run about the same speed. Hopefully next season we will get to run together more often. Any thoughts on the races you will run?

    ReplyDelete