Friday, November 20, 2009

4.25 Miles with new headlamp

This weekend, I purchase a headlamp. I was pretty excited because I can go back to my normal running routes and be sure that people saw me, or so I thought. I used my head lamp for the first time last night. One of my favorite loops have me run about a half mile west of my house and then turn south on a paved road. The road has no shoulder, but doesn't really need one as there is not a lot of traffic on the road. Last night, I just barely turned south and was running on the left side of the road when I saw a car coming at me. I thought that they would see my light and move over a little bit to give me some room. Wrong. The car stayed in its lane and I had to head for the ditch. I had a few choice words I muttered under my breath. After that the run went well. I average a 7:28 pace, which is a pretty fast training run for me. I also was a little faster coming back than going out, which isn't normal for me. One other thing that I noticed about running with the headlamp is that it feels like I am running through a tunnel. Overall, I like the head lamp though. I might try to take it out on some trails before the snow flies too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment