Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Saturday morning was a great day for a run. I don't know what it is about Saturday mornings, but I almost always enjoy getting up early on the and going for a run. This week, the weather was perfect. I met up with Stacy to work out the Frozen Feat routes. This year, we are starting at GF Herald building, so we need a new route. Luckily, the 5k route seemed to find itself as we found a loop that was nearly exactly 5k from the door. We will just have to play around with the Start/Finish line a little bit. The 10 route is an extension of the 5k route. Right now it is a little long so I have to cut some out. Should be doable though.

On Monday, I decided to do a little speedwork. I did 4x800. My times were:
3:03
3:03
3:05
3:12

I wanted to do on more but I was dead tired after 4. I slowed down quite a bit the last one as well. By April next year, I'd like to be able to do 6 under 3:10. Hopefully the sprinting up and down the basketball floor at City League will help me get some speed and keep it over several 800s. 1st game is Wednesday. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment