Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Runs

I got out for two runs with Stacy this weekend. First we went for a 4 Miler on Friday after work. We ran exactly 4.0 miles in just under 30 minutes. (29:59.22). The pace was a nice 7:29/mi pace that we kept over the run. We started and ended at Riverside Park. I sometimes forget how nice of park Riverside is. The scenery is very nice. The running paths offer a little hill workout as well as you get to run over the dike. I will have to remember to do some speed work at this park later.

The next morning, we got up for Fall Frolic training (although the Fall Frolic Race is in turmoil right now) The group grew to 6 people this week. Stacy and I ran what I expect to be the 10k course of the Fall Frolic. We got really close to figuring it out. Our run was 6.34 miles so I have to cut a little off, but I think I know what I can do to get it right. Stacy and my run was a little slower as we must have been a little tired from the run the night before. We averaged 7:51/mi over the course. We slowed a bit when we got down poured on about 4 miles into the run. The route we ran was a nice run. I am going to be happy if we can use it for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment