Friday, August 28, 2009

Thursday Night Run

Last night when I got home I asked Emily if she wanted to bike next to me as I ran my 6.5 Mile Loop. She had to take an alternate route as there is a little construction around our area right now that I ran right over but she was unable to do the same. She caught up with me about 1.75 miles into my run. I thought she would catch up with me quicker than that. She said it was because I was running so fast. It worked out pretty well to run with her. Towards the end she got in front of me so I pushed myself trying to catch her. The 6.5 loop took me 50 minutes to complete. I looked at my watch at 6.2 miles (10k finish) and my time was 46:45. I want to get that down to 45:00. I haven't done speed work in awhile. I think I might get some in tonight to help improve those times.

Averages for run
1st 2.20 Miles - 7:15/mi
2nd 2.15 Miles - 7:43/mi
3rd 2.15 Miles - 7:31/mi
Overall Aver - 7:32/mi

The 2nd two miles was mainly gravel but I would like to improve that pace. My goal is to run 7:16 throughout the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment