Friday, August 21, 2009

Running Into Old Friends at Races

I was looking back through some of my old posts, and realized how cool it is to run into old friends at races. This year at Fargo I ran into a the following people who were running the race:
1. A HS buddy of mine and his dad who was my Cross Country & Track coach.
2. Brother of my college roommate (later ran into my roommate who was there to watch)
3. College friend and his wife

Last weekend at the Wildwoods Challenge I ran into
4. My 9th grade Cross Country coach/Church youth group leader who moved the next year
5. My Jr year assistant CC coach at Roseau

Since I just attended my HS reunion, I realized that I prefer running into old acquaintances at races than anywhere else. Maybe it is because we have the common bond of training for the event. The HS reunion just seemed awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment