Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 Week 1 of Training

While it was pretty cold out this week, I was able to get out for two runs.

The first run was on Thursday and the second on Saturday. Both runs the temp was about zero Fahrenheit but there was no wind. After last week when it was windy all week, this was a nice break. On Thursday, I got Elsa to sleep at about 9:00, then headed out. I got my first use of the headlamp my mother-in-law got me for Christmas. She got it from LL Bean and I really like it. It feels less bulky than my old Petzl, which I misplaced somewhere in my house. The LL Bean lamp works really well, except I was playing with a little during the run and found out that I definitely don't like the blinking light option that I can choose. I only had it blinking for a few steps and it drove me crazy. But the normal setting gives great light and will helpful in night runs. My 5 milers felt good almost through the entire run. The cooldown walk down my block felt good to breath in the cold air.

I also got out on Saturday afternoon for a 6.5 miler. Again the temp was a degree or two above zero and the frigid air felt good on my lungs. I think I am inside too much as most people around here are don't like the cold air but I thought it was intoxicating. It really excited me to be out on my run. I averaged a decent 7:43 pace throughout the run. It will be a few months of laying groundwork and hopefully can get closer to 7:00 pace at race times.

No comments:

Post a Comment